Snipers, the time has come to return to the battlefield.
Launching simultaneously on Xbox Game Pass, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 4 & 5, Epic, Steam and Windows Store, Sniper Elite 5 will see elite marksman, Karl Fairburne, travel to France in 1944 to destroy Operation Kraken.
Scopes at the ready snipers, you can already Wishlist Sniper Elite 5 on Steam: Wishlist Now
Including all in-game
engine footage, take a sneak peak of what's to come in Sniper Elite 5's reveal trailer: Watch the Trailer
As part of a covert US Rangers operation to weaken the Atlantikwall fortifications along the coast of Brittany, Karl makes contact with the French Resistance. Soon they uncover a secret Nazi project that threatens to end the war before the Allies can even invade Europe: Operation Kraken. It’s Karl’s mission to take out the high ranking Nazi officers and end Operation Kraken once and for all.
Based upon real world locations from France in 1944 the new game maps are the largest and most immersive in Sniper Elite's history with the new traversal system offering players an even greater sandbox of options when it comes to taking out their targets. You can even invite a friend to help you on your mission with enhanced co-operative gameplay options.
Sniper Elite 5 continues the franchise’s unparalleled tactical sniping experience complete with incredible ballistics and enhanced kill cam taking the genre-defining feature to the next level. New customisation options allow you to adjust your rifle, other weapons and ammo to suit the mission and your play style.
Grab your scopes and prepare to experience:
- Expansive Campaign – real-world locations have been captured using photogrammetry to recreate a living, immersive environment, and multiple infiltration and extraction points and kill list targets provide a whole new perspective on each mission. Take on the Nazi plot solo or work with a partner, with improved co-op mechanics allowing you to share ammo and items, give orders and heal each other.
- Advanced gunplay physics and traversal – use ziplines, slide down slopes and shimmy along ledges to reach the perfect vantage point, or to sneak past a sharp-eyed lookout. Factor in rifle stock and barrel options along with gravity, wind and heart rate while you line up your sights on the target.
- High calibre customisation – use workbenches to customise and upgrade virtually every aspect of your weapon. Change scopes, stocks, barrels, magazines and more. Rifles, secondary weapons, and pistols all have a huge variety of options. On top of that you can select the ammo to suit your target, from armour-piercing right down to non-lethal.
- Invasion mode drop-in PVP – you can invade another player’s Campaign as an Axis sniper and engage in a deadly game of cat and mouse, providing a new dimension to the challenge as you stalk your prey. Alternatively, as Karl you can call for assistance and have a second sniper drop in to help you out of a tricky situation.
- Tense adversarial multiplayer – customise your character and loadout and earn XP, medals and ribbons as you take on intensely competitive 16 player battles that will really test your sharpshooting skills. If co-op’s more your style, you can team up with up to 3 other players against waves of enemies in Survival mode.
- Enhanced kill cam – more realistic and grisly than ever, the trademark X-ray kill cam returns, showing you the true destructive power of each shot. Bones deflect bullets unpredictably, ripping a new path through enemy bodies. SMGs and pistols can also trigger kill cams, including multiple shots in dramatic slow motion.
Frequently Asked Questions:
When will Sniper Elite
5 be released?
Sniper Elite 5 will be released in 2022. Exact dates will be confirmed in due course.
Which platforms will
Sniper Elite 5 be released on?
Sniper Elite 5 will be available on Epic, Steam, Windows Store, Xbox Game Pass, Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S and PlayStation 4 & 5.
Is Sniper Elite 5
coming to Switch?
There are no concrete plans for a Switch version of Sniper Elite 5 at this point in time.
Will there be
a physical release?
Yes, watch out for more details in the coming months.
Pre-orders will open in 2022. Stay tuned for more details.
Will there be
a Season Pass?
Yes. Stay tuned for more details.
Where is Sniper Elite
France, 1944. Based on real world locations, these are the biggest, most interactive maps in the history of Sniper Elite.
When can I
find out more?
We have plenty of exciting announcements planned for 2022 so get your scopes ready.
How can I get the
latest updates on Sniper Elite 5?
Follow us on social media and join our Discord for the latest updates on Sniper Elite:
For over 16 years, our dedicated Sniper Elite community has ensured Karl's mission remains ongoing. Thank you for the support so far Snipers and stay tuned for more Sniper Elite 5 news in 2022!