Snipers, we continue to make our way through a number of issues raised by the Community over the last few days. Our latest Patch which is now live, addresses Oculus Quest specifically with the full patch notes listed below.
Full Quest Patch Notes:
- Oculus have confirmed that they suffered an outage that affected all new installs from the store. This blocked some players from being able to install Sniper Elite VR following purchase. This should now be rectified.
- Game progress and user options will no longer be affected if a player is experiencing the game for the first time without a Wifi connection
- A small percentage of players could not start the game/proceed beyond the title screen, this has now been rectified.
- Players will now be able to move against objects and look directly down without triggering the out of bounds functionality
- Tutorial will no longer fail to proceed after using a different weapon in the practice ranges
- We have now revised the tutorial for usage of Aim Focus and have added tutorial pages for pistols and SMGs
- The Rotation Analog stick and the pause button will no longer fail to function when the movement mode is changed to free movement. This occurred after the game was paused, while the player was about to move using the teleport mode.
- The 'Sound Mask' tutorial is no longer missing from gameplay
- After putting the headset back on, the results screen score counter sound effect no longer continues to play after pressing continue
- The incorrect ammo count that appeared when holding a weapon with a secondary hand, after opening and closing the pause menu during gameplay, is now fixed
- VO no longer temporarily stops when tutorial slides are presented to the player
- Scrapbook no longer appears after resuming the game from the Oculus overlay in the loadout Armoury
- Holding two TNTs in both hands will no longer cause two stow point silhouettes to appear on either side of belt
- In the ‘Resistance Base’ mission, the prompt to equip the weapon now appears correctly after reaching the location
- When a player is navigating the scrapbook, the content of the 'Active loadout' will no longer appear and disappear when the player switches to the loadout page using the bookmark from every alternative page.
- The non-scoped version of the Mosin Nagant, Lee Enfield, and Spring Field rifles are now available in their respective locations in the game
- Difficulty screen will no longer be displayed consistently when pausing
- Grab icon is no longer missing on the weapons that drop from the holster when stowing another weapon in its place during gameplay
- Hand will not prioritise the magazine when swapping hands with the pistol
- Improved support has now been added for left handed players
- Virtual Left hand no longer disappears when player holds a loaded M30 Drilling in right hand and picks up ammo from pouch using left hand
- When the user activates Focus Fade the right hand will no longer become invisible
- The scope of the Kar98 rifle no longer appears in low poly throughout the gameplay
- A gap on the Springfield scope lens has now been fixed
- Control layout now updates correctly when player changes 'Swap Movement Stick' option in the Controls Tab
- Active areas on the belt have now been expanded and separated. Changes to the belt positioning and stow colliders have also now improved the user's interactions with the belt
- Active areas on the weapons have now been expanded and separated. Adjusted grab points have been applied to the De Lisle, Gewehr, Drilling & Fnab weapons. Fixed break action hand offset now correctly calculates position
- Chest area stow point should now be clearer to the player
- Further Explosive objects have now been added to the Resistance Base explosive range
- On occasion, the belt would sometimes get twisted. A new system has now been implemented for estimating belt position based on head transform
- Playing the game in stealth was reported as being too difficult for some new players. AI adjustments, Welrod adjustments and stealth tutorial pages have now been added to rectify this
- Weapon orientation is no longer thrown off when using trigger hand to grab for bolt
- Occasional drops to the frame rate has been resolved across multiple levels
- Significant improvements have been applied to the visual quality by addressing multiple art issues relating to texture & LOD popping, collision and environment occlusion
- General audio, AI and gameplay improvements
- Improvements to the quality of the localisation
We appreciate all your patience,
See you on the battlefield.